Get out in the fresh air and climb on a brand new Scott electric mountain bike for a stunning ride through some of New Zealand’s best coastal scenery . Reserve your tour online today!
- Per person
Pedal & Paddle Around The Crater!
If you are lucky enough to have a full day to explore Akaroa why not make the most of it! Pedal and paddle your way around the crater! Soak in the views, enjoy touring with a small group and local guide while getting some great exercise!
Ready? Let’s go! Jump on our Lava Loop guided electric mountain bike safari 8:30am-11am and get those legs spinning, glorious views and a huge sense of achievement from reaching the top of the crater await! Don’t worry about a thing as our brand new latest model fleet of Scott Electric mountain bikes are the best in the business. The multiple pedal assist functions will have you whizzing around with ease with your knowledgeable local guide leading the way. All equipment is provided, just bring a sense of adventure and of course your camera! What a way to make the most of your time in beautiful Akaroa!
We finish up with enough time to transfer to the Crater Cruiser sea kayak safari 11:30am-2:30pm to paddle through the marine reserve, the opportunity to see the stunning marine reserve from two different perceptives will blow your mind! Cruise ship passengers this is the option for you! Both tours are operated in small intimate groups to maximize safety and to allow you to have plenty of time to chat with your guide and learn about the area!
Cruise Ship Shore Excursions
If you are arriving via cruise ship we have got you covered for an amazing active day here in stunning Akaroa. See this beautiful slice of paradise from two different perspectives as you pedal and paddle your way around the crater! We love hosting cruise passengers so go ahead and book a tour. Our tour times match tender schedules, just let us know you arriving via cruise ship and we will customise your pick up and drop off times around your tender times. You will be picked up by our complimentary shuttle from the wharf and transport you between your activities, we will look after you through out the day, you just need to get off on the first tenders and we have got you covered from there! When your adventure is over we will drop you back to the wharf and ensure you are on time to board.
Typically we will book you onto our 8:30am-11am Ebike Tour & 11:30am-2:30pm Sea kayaking tour. The tours operate within a short drive from each other. If availability is not showing on your requested date please email us as we can create additional tour times upon request. This is the ultimate day of adventure in Akaroa, we can’t wait to meet you all, Akaroa is an outdoor & nature enthusiast’s paradise!
- Incredible views from the top of the Crater while riding to the summit!
- Get up close and personal with the marine/nature reserve as you sea kayak through its pristine turquoise waters
- Local knowledgeable guides who love to share their knowledge
- Small intimate groups for safety and opportunity to chat with the guides through out the tours
- Seeing the area from two different perspectives will blow your mind and there is no better way to make the most of your time in this special place!
- Great exercise!
Lava Loop Ebike Safari 8:30am-11am
Crater Cruiser Sea kayak Safari 11:30am-2:30pm
Check our Akaroa Guided Kayak Safaris website for more information: www.akaroakayaks.com.
- Age 13 and up
- You must be able to get in and out of your Kayak unassisted
- Not suitable for guests with back problems.
- Must have previous experience riding a ‘normal mountain bike’
- Knowledgeable nature/kayak & Ebike guide
- All kayaking equipment
- On-water trip photographs
- A light snack for sea kayak tour
- High Visibility vest
- Specialized riding back pack with accessible phone holster
- Cycle gloves