This vibrant and soulful experience awakens the adventurer within as follow your local guide to the summit of an extinct volcano towering over the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy flowing farm land and picturesque country side during a delicious gravel decent all the way back to sea level.
Coastal Cruise Ebike Tour
- Per person (Ages 16+)
A Dreamy Riding Experience..
It’s time to escape the crowds and get out in the fresh air for a nice relaxing cycle while checking out some amazing coastline and vistas! If you have a couple of hours to spare and love exploring while getting active and seeing some incredible views, then jump on one of our brand new Scott Pedal assist Electric mountain bikes and it may just be the highlight of your trip! Experience the enjoyment of mountain biking without the sweat!
Join us for a relaxing laid back coastal tour. Soak in the views while pedaling along panoramic coastal roads and picturesque farmland overlooking Akaroa Marine reserve. This tour provides continuous uninterrupted views of the magnificent harbor and the further you go the better the views get!
This tour requires basic fitness level and will leave you grinning from ear to ear! Free shuttle available for cruise ship passengers
Our ebikes are easy to ride, top of the line and give you as much or as little assistance as you need along your journey, so you can ride further, faster & higher, see more stunning sights, and have more fun! The route has varied gentle terrain, mostly on sealed roads for your comfort and enjoyment and we are next to the ocean the whole way. We have the opportunity to pop into a vineyard along the route, here you have the option to have a break and grab a coffee or jump back on the bikes to climb to the lookout view point for photo opportunities if you have the energy- the choice is yours! So what are you waiting for -Lets ride!
- Uninterrupted breath taking views of Akaroa harbor and marine reserve.
- Cycle past the historic volcanic Onawe peninsula which is the location of an original Maori Pa!
- Cycle past the rainbow lava formations, indigenous birdlife and native forests along pristine coastline
- Enjoy vistas of volcanic landscapes, local Vineyards, colourful boatsheds and picturesque farmland while looking down over the turquoise waters of Akaroa Harbour.
- Experience riding the latest technology Scott Electric Mountain bikes.
Please note for safety reasons the route ridden on the day is a the discretion of the guide who will assess the groups riding ability upon arrival.
- Latest-model Scott pedal-assist performance mountain bike
- Helmet, gloves, high visibility vest, comfortable riding backpack, phone holster
Total Distance (including an optional climb to the lookout): 21.6km
Total Distance (without the lookout climb): 15.6 km
- 3.5 km around the volcanic peninsula on quiet gravel roads
- 0,7 km of sealed main roads sharing with other road users to link back to coastal road.
- 3 km of panoramic coastal road and rolling meadows takes us to a local vineyard with the option of stopping for a break.
- 1 km of flat sealed road takes us to the base of our summit climb for those who want to challenge themselves and pedal up to the lookout. ( you can always turn back and go back down if it’s too much!)
- 300m to the top! Here we can unleash a photo-taking frenzy!
After the summit, we experience some delicious downhill descent and head back to base picking up those that decided to stop for a coffee at the vineyard on the way! We will take it at a leisurely pace with more opportunities for photo and drinks stops before the tour comes to an end.