Get out in the fresh air and climb on a brand new Scott electric mountain bike for a stunning ride through some of New Zealand’s best coastal scenery . Reserve your tour online today!
- Per person (Ages 16+)
An Exceptional Riding Experience
The fastest and most fun way to get to the top of the crater! Jump on a brand new latest model Scott Ebike and cycle the Lava Loop! From sea to summit with uninterrupted views over the crystal blue waters of the pacific ocean we ride. This is one special experience you don’t want to miss! Treat yourself to this rewarding, energetic yet soulful experience and bring out the inner adventurer in you.
Who is this suitable for?
This is a must do for those who like to get active while exploring new places! If you have a spare 2.5 hours up your sleeve to join us on a premium guided electric mountain bike tour, it may just be one of the highlights of your trip!
Our popular Lava Loop is perfect for those who desire a bit of a challenge. If have conventional mountain bike experience and have a moderate level of fitness this trip is for you. You will be amazed as you cruise up terrain you wouldn’t dream of on a conventional bike, with our powerful pedal assist Scott Bosch systems Ebiking is making the impossible… now possible!.
Great for couples, families and friends. This tour includes mixed terrain, some steep ascents and descents, sealed and gravel roads throughout.
Warning- Electric Mountain biking is very addictive, we ride FURTHER, FASTER HIGHER without the sweat! Once is never enough!
Free shuttle available for cruise ship passengers. If you jump on the first tender you will easily make this tour time!
- Your knowledgeable guide will point out places of interest and stop for photo opportunities on the route as you cycle to the top of the crater!
- The views along the way truly are special and you will feel like you are pedaling in a real-life postcard.
- Get some great exercise! If you begin to get tired, turn on your turbo mode!
- Enjoy some off road action as we enjoy a delicious decent following flowing deserted gravel farm roads overlooking the harbour.
- Latest-model Scott pedal assist performance mountain bike!
- Helmet, gloves, high visibility vest, riding backpack with easy access phone holster
- Local knowledgeable guide
Moderate level of fitness required. Must be confident riding on gravel roads. Must have some mountain bike experience.
Total Distance: 20km
- 4 km of gravel flat roads through pine forest following the historical and beautiful peninsula takes us the start of our ascent.
- 9 km of gentle to moderate climbing with amazing views across the bank’s peninsula and uninterrupted views of Akaroa harbor and the pacific ocean brings us to the summit! Photo time!
- 7.3 km of delicious off road descent, time to engage our front suspension! Traverse down through quiet farm tracks, native forest, rolling meadows and stunning local farmland back to sea level.
- 1.5 km of flat ocean side riding brings us back to the start of the route.